Achim Köpf from Schwäbisch Hall visited already many countries. The choice fell on Iceland, however, because here unspoilt nature stands in reciprocal action with often extreme weather situations.
Temperature, light, wind, rain, ice and snow and not to forget the geothermics of the island create highly interesting subjects which are immediately observed by Köpf's trained photographer eye.
With the pictures of the Icelandart series, Köpf is establishing a new genre. His working method illustrates this. Why, so he asks himself, should the supposedly bad pictures that are usually not good enough for reproduction, but just result with every serious photographer - why should especially these pictures disappear uselessly in the waste-bin? Just during this consideration the artistic creative process applied with some joy for experimentation set in with Achim Köpf. He checked variations of diffuseness, colour shifts, contrast mistakes and also lighting mistakes on the computer, developed new levels, graphical clearings, masks, displaced the characteristic curves, worked in diffuseness and stacked everything electronically into a composing, which contains the original image only as a basic pattern.
· born in 1968 Schwäbisch Hall / Germany
· 1980 first interest in the photography
· from 1989 self-educated study of photography, experimental photography
· since 1992 free-lance employee of the sports and local editorial staff of the Haller Tagblatt as a photoprapher, reporter, reportages
· Numerous free-lance graphic designs, photographic commissioned jobs and Web design
· profession: DTP illustrator
· Numerous publications of photographs in journals, picture books and calendars of GONG Publishing House, Munich, the SONNENVERLA, Baden-Baden and the SIEGLERS SYMPOSIUM VERLAG, Stuttgart, at AGFA-GEVAERT, the BAUSPARKASSE, Schwäbisch Hall, the DIAKONIEWERK, Schwäbisch Hall, GLOBETROTTER outfitters, Hamburg, GEO Saison, Gruner & Jahr Verlag etc.
· since 2002 member of the "Kunstverein Schwäbisch Hall", since 2003 member of the "Deutschen Verband für Fotografie" (DVF) (German Association for Photography)
· since 2003 successful at national and international parlors and competitions
© photo by: Achim Köpf - Schwäbisch Hall, Germany
visit his site
Grazie per aver visitato il sito. Aggiungi un commento al portfolio.
Thank you for visiting our pages.
We would love it if you would Add to the comments we are keeping!
willkommen im klub ,-)) schöne serie, lg bernd
dortmund, germany - 04/04/2008